Management & Governance
- Sustainability Management
- Bayer Sustainability Council
- Stakeholder Dialogue
- UN Global Compact
- Group Regulations
- Protection of Biodiversity
- Modern Slavery Act Statement
- Position on Global Product Strategy
- Position on Responsible Care
- Bayer Water Position
- Position on Deforestation and Forest Degradation
- Postion on Insect Decline
- Raising the Bar on Crop Protection Safety Standards
- UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Responsible Business Conduct
- Climate, Environment and Safety
- Societal Engagement
- Ratings, Rankings and Awards
Code of Conduct for Responsible Lobbying
Bayer’s lobbying activities are guided by transparency, fairness, integrity as well as fact-based information and based on the following principles which apply to Bayer employees themselves, as well as to consultants hired by Bayer employees in this field.
- Lobbyists of the company as well as consultants shall:
- Identify themselves by name and by the Bayer organization they are representing;
- Truly represent themselves as Bayer or working for Bayer to the effect of registration (where existing) to be transparent with third parties and/or staff of public authorities;
- Openly declare the company’s business interests;
- Ensure that information provided reflects up-to-date company knowledge, is complete, evidence-based and not misleading;
- Be transparent and honest when obtaining or trying to obtain information about the purpose of the request;
- Not induce staff of public authorities to contravene rules and standards of behavior applicable to them.
- If the company employs former staff of public authorities we respect their obligation to abide by the rules and confidentiality requirements which apply to them.?
- When Bayer hires consultants to represent the company in lobbying activities an official contract always needs to be provided, which will include details regarding the purpose and/or goal of the lobbying activity. Bayer's contracted lobbyists need to abide by the same rules as the in-house lobbyists, as outlined in the company’s policy.?
- Bayer supports the introduction of transparency rules (e.g. lobbying registers) in the political systems where the company represents its interests (see also chapter 2.5 in our Sustainability Report 2020).
- Bayer will make transparent its positions on the most important political topics on the company’s website.
- Bayer does not make any donations as a company to political parties, politicians or candidates for a political office, with the exception of political contributions in the United States at State level. In the United States political contributions are allowed at State level for candidate and ballot contributions under strict conditions and with mandatory transparency measures and online publication of the political donations as outlined in the local policy